With the return of Hearts on Fire this fall comes Robert Lopez as “El Vez,” reprising his sizzling hot performance as the Latino heartthrob. Marketing Associate Jennifer Watkins caught up with Robert to find out what how this self-proclaimed love child of Charo and the true King takes care of business.
Here are 25 things you didn’t know about Robert Lopez.
1. What is your favorite kind of food?
Anything from JOULE (1913 North 45th Street, Seattle, WA).
2. What is a pet-peeve of yours?
When people pee on toilet seats.
3. What was your first job?
I was a dishwasher at Straw Hat Pizza Parlor.
4. What was the last movie you watched?
Toy Story 3.
5. What’s your favorite Elvis song?
“Treat Me Nice.”
6. How many languages do you speak?
Two. English and Spanish.
7. Where were you born?
Chula Vista, California.
8. At what age did you start performing?
When I was 16. I was in punk rock bands at the Whiskey A Go Go in L.A.
9. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
10. What fashions do you dislike?
The worn-out look of Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy, etc.
11. What are you afraid of?
An IRS tax audit.
12. Did you have any pets growing up?
I had two ducks named Squeeky and Squacky, and a parrot named London.
— Listen to: “Santa is Sometimes Brown” by El Vez —
13. What’s your favorite television show?
I’m not much of a television watcher.
14. Name one thing you are passionate about.
15. Have you ever broken any bones?
I’ve never broken anyone’s bones (laughs).
16. Do you believe in aliens?
Legal or illegal?
17. Name a place you’ve never been to, but would like to travel to.
18. What do you do to cheer yourself up when you’re feeling blue?
Buy a suit.
19. Describe your personality in three words.
Quiet or loud.
20. What celebrity do you have a crush on?
No celebrities come to mind, but I could name hundreds of ordinary people.
21. Name something you are good at.
Mixing up words.
22. What was your first car?
A 1956 Chevy Belair. It was turquoise and white.
23. What is one thing you always bring with you when you travel?
24. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
25. Name something you love to cook.