1. Outside of work I aspire to travel the world, live on a beach and sing songs with my family and friends around a fire pit.
3. The last movie I watched at home alone: Vito – an HBO documentary about gay rights activist Vito Russo. In the theater with my son: Madagascar 3.
5. Bali, Indonesia is one of my favorite places!
6. If I could have dinner with three people (alive or dead) I’d dine with John Lennon, The Dalai Lama and Rachel Maddow.
7. My first job was a counter girl at my neighborhood Dairy Queen. I ate a large Heath Bar Blizzard every day on my walk home.
8. Random, senseless violence scares me.
9. Favorite food: Raw fish with lots of wasabi, spicy curry, Snappy Dragon’s Mandarin chicken wings, guacamole and my grandmother’s lasagna.
10. I can’t resist buying soft socks, gardenia scented lotion and rose candy.
11. I’ve always wanted to try mountain climbing, bungee jumping and experiencing an African Safari.
12. Something crazy I’ve done? Skydiving and quitting a “good job with benefits” to go out on the road with my band.
13. I grew up in the suburbs of Milwaukee, Wisconsin right across the street from my best friend.
14. How would I describe my family? Passionate, loud, outspoken and lovely.
15. My favorite novel is Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
16. A good day for me is fresh berries, beignets and a latte for breakfast. Then a hike, walk or bike with my family – some time lounging in the sun and playing in a water feature. A sushi dinner al fresco with live music followed by a walk along the beach at sunset.
17. If I could have any super power, it would be to have super hearing abilities or invisibility powers – whichever would best enable me to be a fly on the wall.
18. I have a secret obsession for 80’s butt rock and the Bee Gees!
19. In Seattle, my favorite spot is any place that gives me a view of mountains and water in the same glance, minus power lines. Seward Park works.
20. Hmmm, the top two countries I would love to visit, Peru and India.
21. My favorite song? Just one?! Pink Floyd’s “Fearless,” Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata” and The Cars’ “Moving In Stereo” into “All Mixed Up”– I consider these two Cars classics ONE tune. There is no separating them even though many radio DJ’s sometimes do. Shame on them! Question #21½? What’s your biggest pet peeve? When someone (or my iPod), plays “Moving In Stereo” and neglects to follow it up with “All Mixed Up”.
22. I’m most proud of being a mother and having learned how to belt out a killer rock scream without damaging my vocal chords.
23. I’ll have a Cazadores Reposado margarita with agave and fresh lime juice on the rocks with salt. Unless it’s “wine-thirty,” in which case I’ll take a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
24. The heel of a loaf of crusty white from the Columbia City Bakery, to me, is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
25. How did I decide on my profession? It was probably the day I sang along to the AM radio in the backseat of my Dad’s red mustang with the windows down, the sun shining and my head hanging out the window in the breeze.