Return to Paradise drummer Mike Stone is one cool cucumber! He had the coolest first job ever, loves his family even when it is complicated, and proves that even the hippest cats are afraid of spiders (see they ARE empirically terrifying to EVERYONE)! Check it out in an all new 25 things, then tell us your biggest fear (we promise not to blackmail you with it):
1. What do you aspire to do, outside of work?
Be a good husband and father
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I would love to see the world through the eyes of a bird.
3. What was the last movie you saw?
Little Miss Sunshine
4. What was the last book you read?
Harmony by Walter Piston
5. What’s one of your favorite places to travel to?
6. If you could have dinner with three people (alive or dead) who would it be?
Charles Mingus, Miles Davis, and my grandfather
7. What was your first job?
Playing with Roger Fergusen and Double Stop!
8. What are you scared of?
9. What’s your favorite food?
10.What can you not resist buying?
Like a true drummer, I have an addiction to cymbals.
11.What have you always wanted to do or try?
12.Who’s your celebrity crush?
13.What’s something crazy you’ve done?
What’s something crazy I haven’t done, is the question!
14. Where did you grow up?
15.What’s your family like?
Hmmm, complicated, but fun!
16. What’s your favorite book or author?
17.What would you consider as a good day?
Any day off with the wife and kids.
18.If you could have a super power, what would it be?
19.What’s one of your secret obsessions?
Practice, practice, practice
20.What’s your favorite spot in Seattle?
The Owl-n-Thistle (author interjection: Yum!)
22. What’s a memorable backstage moment or joke?
Mrs. Wienstien telling Michael Stipe about her amazing piano playing son, Ron.
23. What’s your favorite song?
Tough one… I’m going with Angel Nemali
24.What’s the coolest thing since sliced bread?
The iPhone, of course.
25.How did you decide on your profession?
My profession chose me!