Under the big top she is Fricka, queen of the gods, betrothed to Wotan, and songstress extraordinaire in a golden chain-mail gown. Behind that glimmering armor, Anki Albertsson, our Swedish songbird, proves to be just as enchanting as her onstage persona. Take a seat or be prepared to fall over from having your socks knocked off by Anki as we all learn 25 more reasons to love, love, love her!
1. Outside of work, I enjoy travel and gardening. Gardening is really relaxing.
2. If I could be any animal, I would be a bird. I would love to fly.
3. The last movie I saw… Twilight with my daughter. I was the oldest one in the theatre ; )
4. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami was the last book I read. He’s great.
5. Favorite places to travel: Greece if you want beach and Florence is so beautiful. And Paris of course…
6. If I could have dinner with three people (alive or dead) who would it be? My father, Albert Einstein and Mother Theresa
7. My first job? I was 10 years old and I sang and played guitar at a breakfast club in my small town. I got paid!!!
8. I am scared of war.
9. I love all kind of food but right now Indian food.
10. I cannot resist buying coats and jackets
11. I want to walk beautiful “paths” in England, France and Italy.
12. Right now I have no big celebrity crush, but when I was a teenager I had a huge crush on Wayne Gretzky : )
13. I grew up on a farm in the south of Sweden.
14. I have a big family. 3 sisters and 3 brothers and we are very close.
15. Favorite book or author? I like Paul Auster. Also his wife. And Gabriel Marcia Marques and many others. I read a lot.
16. What do I consider a good day? Any day spending time with my children.
17. I’d like to be invisible, like Harry Potter with his cape.
18. I have a cat called Pip. He’s a little tiger.
19. I’d like to visit Japan. I was in China this summer and that was very interesting but I’d love to visit Japan in the spring.
20. I made popcorn backstage in the microwave at Lido in Paris. I burned it, so the whole cast smelled
it on stage. I thought that was quite fun : )
21. My favorite song? Oh, hard… maybe Ring them Bells. I love that song.
22. I’m most proud of my children Gustaf and Ellen. They’re the best I have.
23. Coffee is my drink of choice.
24. The coolest thing since sliced bread? That I’m here in Seattle!!! I think that is so cool.
25. I knew since I was a child that I wanted to be a singer. No question at all.