BenDeLaCreme is saucy! We knew of BDLC’s quick wit from her sexy engagement as the in-house emcee at the award-winning Can Can Cabaret in the Pike Place Market. However, she gave us a one-two punch in sass in this recent interview that left us begging for more. From the terrifying Candiru fish to a shared love of Animal from The Muppet Show, BenDeLaCreme keeps us on our toes in an all-new 25 Things You Didn’t Know...
1. What do you aspire to do, outside of work?
Very little really. I like to keep expectations low.
2. What do you think of Seattle?
I love it here! I don’t know what it is- Seattle just feels like home. I’ve lived in a whole slew of other cities and you know what? They can keep their stinkin’ sun. It’s overrated.
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Jellyfish. Because duh.
4. What was the last movie you saw?
Like new movie? I dunno- maybe “The Change Up?” I don’t know why I watched it. Movies like that make me feel like our species might have mis-evolved or something. But I’m getting into the holiday spirit now- which means I have “Gremlins” playing on a loop in my house. That’s my favorite Christmas movie.
5. What was the last book you read?
“the Lipshitz Six, or Two Angry Blondes” Brilliant! Hearbreaking! Read it without finding out anything about it first.
6. What’s one of your favorite places to travel to?
7. If you could have dinner with three people (alive or dead) who would it be?
Peewee Herman, Charo, and Animal from The Muppets.
8. What was your first job?
Before I became a show pony I served donuts in a divey coffee shop. Ultimately that might have been a more solid career path.
9. What are you scared of?
Those amazon fish that swim up your urine stream and stick in your pee parts.
10. What’s your favorite food?
11.. How would you describe yourself?
Oh, I wouldn’t… all that flattery would be so embarrassing!
12. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Animal from The Muppets.
13. What’s something crazy you’ve done?
One time I thought I’d like to be a temp in an office. They wanted me to get there at nine and stay for eight hours! That was nuts.
14.. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Connecticut. “The Stepford Wives” is actually a fairly accurate portrayal.
16. What would you consider a “good day?”
A package of dingdongs and the “Desperate Housewives” box set.
17. What do you want people to know about you?
Where to send the pay check.
18. What is your hidden talent?
19. Do you have any pets?
Nope. When I want to buy food for something helpless I hop on OkayCupid.
20. How did you get started?
Don’t get me started!
21. What’s your favorite song?
The Mentos jingle.
22. What’s your greatest strength?
Above my good looks and sparkling personality I would have to choose humility.
23. What are you most proud of?
I’d have to say the show I wrote and directed this past July, Freedom Fantasia, with “DeLouRue Presents” as well as our annual holiday spectacular, Homo for the Holidays!
24. What’s your drink of choice?
That’s like asking a mom to pick her favorite child!
25. What’s something you dislike (activity, food, etc)?
The last question in an interview all about myself!